- CMG landscape architects and developer, Martin Building Company committed themselves to a set of core values that guided the design process.
Core Design Values
Early in the development process, the design team committed itself to a list of core design values, listed below.
- Inclusive and public
- Pedestrian -- close Jessie Street to automobile traffic between Fifth and Mint Streets
- Simple and adaptable -- accommodate a wide range of uses and users
- Active edges -- line the edges of the plaza with cafes with outdoor seating
- Open center -- free of permanent fixtures and large enough to accommodate special events and movable public seating
- Green -- incorporate nature thought landscaping and green design principles
- Integrate public art -- temporary art installations, performances and exhibitions
- Support the U.S. Mint project